Friday, June 19, 2009

No baby yet........

Okay so I have been a slacker this week on posting new information. Sorry! We spent the weekend camping with Matt's family so we didn't get home until Monday afternoon. Then I was exhausted so I didn't find time to get on the computer. The camping trip was a blast. The boys enjoyed the great outdoors. Ethan loved going out on the boat and just playing with his cousins. Hudson was just happy to be able to run around and eat all day long of course. I was not able to get any pictures. I know that is a shocker. But you have to remember that I was chasing Hudson around while Matt and Ethan were on the boat. Plus with Hudson being potty trained now I spent half of my time taking him to the restroom. For some reason he didn't always want to go in the camper so we took many walks to the restroom. Ha ha!
Many of you thought I was crazy for going camping two weeks before my due date. I survived! However, I am not going to lie, I was uncomfortable at night. I just couldn't sleep in the pop-up. I spent most nights sleeping in a camping chair. But really that could have happened at home because when I lay down the heartburn is out of control. I guess I am just practicing for being up all night once the baby is here. I did so much walking around camp that I was sure that would get things going with labor. WRONG! On Monday I went back to the doctor and although the baby has dropped I am still only dilated to 1. Tuesday I was back in total nesting mode. I rearranged the boys bedroom and put the last of the few baby items in our room. I did several loads of laundry so that I would be caught up whenever we had to go to the hospital. Last but not least I packed my hospital bag just in case. The doctor keeps reminding me that things can change at anytime so I should be prepared. Yesterday was Matt's birthday and I was convinced that I would go into labor then. Matt doesn't like to celebrate his birthday and since he was turning 30, I figured having a baby would be a good way to get the focus off of him. But of course nothing happened. I did go to Target and pick up diapers, formula, and pacifiers. Just in case we have that baby this weekend. Now it is honestly just a waiting game, I believe we have everything in order.
Here is the latest picture of my ever growing belly. With any luck this will also be the last belly picture..........


Ethan took the picture and thought it was funny to take a CLOSE-UP since my belly is so big!

1 comment:

Brooke and Michael G said...

So my guess was wrong! Maybe it will be this week though.